Enjoy the benefits of a mediterranean lifestyle

Yellow Slip for EU Citizens

Registration Certificate, also known as a yellow slip, is available to all European Union (EU and EEA) citizens who wish to stay and work or remain as visitors in the Republic of Cyprus. Every EU citizen, especially those EU citizens who have worked and lived in Cyprus for 3 months or more, must apply for a yellow slip.

The Registration certificate for European Union citizens does not expire.

The certificate for non-EU family members has a validity of 5 years. On expiry, the applicant can apply for renewal.

The yellow slip generally entitles the holder to the same rights as Cypriot citizens.

Full rights of stay and re-entry, work or engage in business activities in Cyprus.

  • Application forms duly completed (will be prepared by our office)
  • Copy of valid passport
  • Marriage or Divorce Certificate duly certified and translated *(If applicable)
  • Children Birth Certificates duly certified and translated *(If applicable)
  • Rental agreement** or sale agreement of a house/apartment stating the owner’s name and surname, ID and phone number, accompanied with an electricity or water bill connecting the residence with the owner or the applicant
  • Two Passport-sized photographs. – It is noted that photographs are now captured during the application submission process.
  • If working abroad to bring a confirmation letter from the employer and a payslip

All presented documents must be the originals, followed by a photocopy.

*The documents with (*) must be duly certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Consular Authority of the Cyprus Republic in the country of origin or by the Consular Authority of the country of origin in the Cyprus Republic or Apostille and duly translated in Greek or English

**The rental agreement needs to be for the one-year minimum (rental agreement and a copy of it certified by President of the Community Council or a Certified Officer)

If the purpose of residing in the Republic of Cyprus is employed activity:

  • Confirmation of Engagement by the employer(Employment contract) or certificate of employment.

If the purpose of residing in the Republic of Cyprus is self-employed activity:

  • Certificate of Registration to the Social Securities Services as self-employed.

If the purpose of residing in the Republic of Cyprus is for studying at a Private or Public Educational Establishment accredited or financed by the Republic, including vocational training courses:

  • Proof of enrolment to study at a Private or Public Educational Establishment accredited or financed by the Republic, including vocational training courses.
  • Proof of comprehensive health insurance coverage in the Republic.
  • Declaration or other equivalent means, as the applicants may choose, to assure that they have sufficient resources for themselves and their family in order not to become a burden on the social assistance system of Cyprus during their period of residence.

If the purpose of residing in the Republic of Cyprus is other than the above?

  • Fixed or adequate income from employment outside the Republic; or
  • Fixed or adequate income from other legal sources; or
  • Adequate deposits in financial institutions in the Republic or abroad; and
  • Proof of comprehensive health insurance in the Republic.

For the issue of a Registration Certificate to family members of a Union citizen who are also citizens of a Member State, the following documents must be submitted:

  • Valid Passport or identity card and copies of the same.
  • A document attesting to the existence of a family relationship.
  • Where appropriate, the registration certificate of the Union citizen whom they are accompanying or joining.
  • In the case of a spouse of a Union citizen and direct dependants under 21 or who are dependants of the citizen and those of the spouse, proof family relationship and that said family members are dependants.

The Application type and forms are different for European Union citizens and their family members who are not European.

The applicant needs to apply to the Immigration Unit of the City they live in and are required to be physically present for applying to obtain the Yellow Slip.
It is recommended to book in advance, preferably 3-4 weeks earlier than the required submission date.  Brochure News & Articles Expand

We help you with

  • Assistance in gathering the necessary documentation to accompany the application
  • Preparation and completion of relevant application forms
  • Book the date for the meeting for submission, attend the meeting with you, follow the application process, receive the yellow cards and deliver them to you.
  • Assistance with setting up and maintaining your business, including:
    • Preparation and completion of application to Registrar of Companies
    • Assistance with preparation of policies and procedures to meet all compliance requirements
    • Registration of business with all relevant authorities (VAT, Immigration Authorities, Social Insurance)
    • Accounting, Payroll, Tax and other related services for the proper maintenance of your company
  • Ongoing support with regulatory updates and business-related matters.

Would you like to know more?

Book a free consultation with us today to discuss your payment processing needs.





© Copyright | All Rights Reserved by CX Financia Ltd | Privacy Policy |